Designed in late 1925, the 1926 Lea-Francis range saw a number of modifications being made to the chassis design. The newly designated J, K, L, M and N types kept the quarter elliptic rear springs, hand-brake operating on the transmission and cone clutch of the earlier models, but with improvements such as stiffer rear cross-members and improved rear spring mounting. All models, except the G Type, now came with four wheel brakes as standard.
Identical to the J Type apart from its engine, 333 K Types were built.
The red K Type pictured left and immediately below left is a 1925 model, one of seven known to exist, all owned by Club members.